Creative Arts is the study of creating and performing works of art, music, dance and drama. It also includes the study of clothing design and creation, and the communication of messages in a variety of media.
The theoretical content of the Creative Arts field includes:
- Artistic and technical aspects of audio-visual communication
- Artistic and technical aspects of the creation and production of art and craft, photographs and fashion apparel
- Artistic and technical aspects of the creation, production and performance of music, dance and drama
- History, development and theory of the visual and performing arts.
The main purpose of this field of education is to develop an understanding of composition, performance, artistic production, choreography, design and creativity and technical production.
This study area comprises the following fields of work:
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts and Crafts
- Graphic and Design Studies
- Communication and Media Studies
- Other Creative Arts.