How To Apply

So you've decided to study in Perth! We look forward to welcoming you.

Below you will find steps on how you, as an international student, can apply to study at Perth’s outstanding institutions.

Before you get started, make sure you meet the Australian Government’s visa requirements before you apply to study.

Do some research

It’s a good idea to spend some time researching Perth universities, colleges and schools to make sure they offer courses that best suit you. You can find a list of them here.

Being a student in Perth involves more than studying and finishing your course. You will also be living the Perth lifestyle and will get to enjoy a variety of different experiences. Consider the location and culture of where you choose to study and make sure it suits you.

Your education institution may run student associations (also called clubs, groups and societies) with different purposes, including academic, international and religious, interest groups, and social, sporting and leisure associations.

Visit the website of your chosen institution to find out what activities they have for students. Follow the StudyPerth Facebook page to find out more about student life in Perth.

More on Studying in Perth

Choose your course

Use the free StudyPerth course finder to search for a variety of courses across Perth universities, colleges and schools. You can also use the search function to search by institution, or by scholarship.

Are you interested to find out what other students think of a certain course or university? Visit the QILT website to compare different student experiences over a range of courses at Perth universities so you can make a good decision about where and what to study.

Search for Courses

The application process

Contact the institution you wish to study at and ask to speak to the International Office. Nearly all Perth universities, schools and colleges employ staff to assist and enrol international students.

You should introduce yourself to the International Office soon after arriving in Australia and start using their services. If your institution does not have an International Office, talk to the Student Administration staff.

Career counsellors are also available to help you decide on further study and career opportunities.

View Institutions