Engineering is the study of the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and functioning of machines, products, systems and structures; and the composition and processing of metals, ceramics and other materials.
The theoretical content of Engineering and Related Technology fields includes:
- Engineering and manufacturing technology
- Food technology
- Land information technology and remote sensing
- Materials science
- Principles of design and drafting, planning and commissioning
- Plant and machine maintenance.
The main purpose of this field of education is to develop an understanding of the conversion of materials and energy, and the measurement and representation of objects, and the operation of plant, machinery and transport systems.
This study area comprises the following fields of work:
- Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
- Process and Resources Engineering
- Automotive Engineering and Technology
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Geomatic Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Technology
- Aerospace Engineering and Technology
- Maritime Engineering and Technology
- Other Engineering and Related Technologies.
Subscribe to StudyPerth's newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news and events!
Our stakeholder newsletter is delivered monthly, and the agent newsletter every two months. Both are a great way to hear the latest news on StudyPerth and the wider education industry. Our international student newsletter is delivered monthly with upcoming student events, current student discounts, and more.Subscribe