Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences is the study of the physical, social and cultural organisation of human society and their influence on the individual and groups.
The theoretical content the Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences field includes:
- Belief and value systems
- Cultural expression
- Human development and behaviour
- Human populations and their environments
- Politics of power
- Social organisation and structure
- Social research methodology.
The main purpose of this field of education is to develop an understanding of human behaviour and interaction, beliefs and values, cultural expression, and social structure and organisation.
This study area comprises the following fields of work:
- Political Science and Policy Studies
- Studies in Human Society
- Human Welfare Studies and Services
- Behavioural Science
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Librarianship, Information Management and Curatorial Studies
- Language and Literature
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Economics and Econometrics
- Sport and Recreation
- Other Society and Culture.