Information For Employers

Interested in promoting your business and opportunities on the StudyPerth Jobs Board?

Many international students seek part-time employment opportunities throughout their studies. Although all students benefit most from employment opportunities that relate to their chosen area of study, any form of paid, part-time employment can bring many benefits for both the employer, and the student.

Therefore, if you are looking for highly motivated and dedicated part-time or casual staff, international students are a great option to consider.

You can register your business and any of your job opportunities for free and start receiving applications today from international students in Western Australia!

  • Step 1

    Register as an employer.

  • Step 2

    Create your company profile or use our Smart Profile Builder to add your company information.

  • Step 3

    Interested students will apply directly to you.



Post a job vacancy

Register or login to post a job vacancy

StudyPerth Jobs Board
  • Understanding student work rights

    As an international student working in Australia, the same protections apply as any Australian in the workplace.

    Employers wanting to hire international students need to abide by Australian employment law. Conditions set out by Fair Work Australia – including the provision of fair wages, breaks, leave entitlements and other conditions – cover any individual working in Australia.

    Checking working rights

    Employers must ensure that all prospective employees have the legal right to work in Australia before making an offer of employment. It is recommended that employers utilise the free 24-hour online service, Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) to check information on work entitlements of various types of visa holders including bridging visa and working holiday.

  • Pay and paying tax

    Australia has a minimum wage. You must pay at least this amount – it’s the law!

    International students, might need to pay tax depending on how much they earn. Check if they have a Tax File Number (TFN) before starting work.

    In Australia, you must provide a payslip within one working day of getting paid. The same applies for providing payslips  to international students.

  • During study: part-time and casual work

    International students can work up to 40 hours every two weeks during term time, and unlimited hours during holiday breaks. It is important you keep to this limit and don’t push students to work further – it is what they agreed to when given their student visa.

    The flexible hours and large number of opportunities in these industries make these ideal for students:

    • Retail - including supermarkets, department stores, boutiques
    • Hospitality and tourism - cafes, bars, restaurants, hotels, delivery
    • Farming and fruit-picking - seasonal work
    • Services – childcare, aged care and cleaning
    • Administration and clerical work
    • Tutoring
  • Post-study: international student visas and work rights

    Post-study, most international students qualify for visas that allow them full work rights for a specified period in Australia.

    The Post-Study Work visa offers extended options for working in Australia to graduates who have completed a bachelor, master or doctoral degree in Australia. The duration of this visa is two, three or four years, depending on the highest educational qualification they have obtained. International students who graduate from a diploma or advanced diploma that meets the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List are eligible for an 18-month visa. This visa does not restrict the type of work or the number of hours.

For more information on hiring international students, download this guide for Australian employers.

Download the guide