- According to QS’s 2019 International Student Survey, 60 per cent of prospective international students were influenced by housing choices when deciding where to study abroad. Read more from ICEF Monitor.
- The Committee for Perth has commissioned market research firm Ipsos to conduct independent research into the future of Western Australia's work and workforce surveying more than 1,000 people across all walks of life in the state plus more than 40 senior business leaders. Learn more and download the results here.
- A new report from Student.com and sector research specialists BONARD dhas found that demand for student accommodation is shifting by destination and room type, and students are also taking longer to confirm bookings this year. Cilck here to read more on the ICEF Monitor website.
- The Department of Education has released a national report investigating international students’ mental health and physical safety needs. The report, International Students and their Mental Health and Physical Safety, draws on national surveys and interviews with international students and education providers across metropolitan and regional Australia.
- Key findings from the first Onshore International Student Sentiment Survey National Report have been released by Austrade. Click here to learn more.
- QS has released a report titled Higher Education in 2020: How COVID-19 Shaped this Year. Click here to view.
- IEAA has published the Second Edition of International Student Employability: A Guide for Australian Education Providers to equip Australian education institutions with best practice principles in preparing international students for success in a dynamic and competitive graduate labour market. Learn more and download the PDF here.
- The WA State Government has launched the International Education COVID-19 Industry Support Fund to help Western Australian small and medium international education providers sustain their businesses with support of up to $50,000. The support funding aims to assist high quality local international education providers to remain viable until it is safe for WA to welcome the return of international students. Read more here.
- The WA State Government has announced new grants through the new Online Capability Fund to help education providers build on their transition to online learning. Grants of up to $40,000 will help local international education providers to develop and expand their online courses and enable students to commence their studies offshore until such time as it is safe for WA to welcome the return of international students. Read more here.
- QS has released its World University Rankings 2020 Yearbook. Read the document here.
- The Department of Education has released a series of education snapshots:
- A $695 million investment by the Commonwealth Government, State Government and Edith Cowan University, to move its law and business schools, along with the world class Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts into the Perth CBD, has been announced, which will see the creation of WA's first inner-city university campus. More than 9,200 students and staff are anticipated on campus from day one. Further, a $360 million investment from the State Government, Curtin University and Murdoch University has also been announced, to expand or establish new presences in the Perth CBD. Murdoch University will create a vertical campus and eSports Stadium linked with Singapore and East Asia, while Curtin University will build a CBD knowledge and innovation precinct.
- The 2020 Academic Ranking of World Universities has been released. Click here to view the rankings.
- The 2021 Good Universities Guide has been published, which provides independent five-star performance ratings for every university in Australia, based on student-relevant criteria such as; graduate salaries, teaching quality, learning resources, graduate employment rates and more. Click here to see where WA's universities rank.
- QS has released a new reported titled The Coronavirus Crisis and the Future of Higher Education. Read the report here.
- The 2021 QS World University Rankings have been announced. Click on the link to see where WA's universities rank.
Subscribe to StudyPerth's newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news and events!
Our stakeholder newsletter is delivered monthly, and the agent newsletter every two months. Both are a great way to hear the latest news on StudyPerth and the wider education industry. Our international student newsletter is delivered monthly with upcoming student events, current student discounts, and more.Subscribe