- According to QS Enrolment Solutions' 2019 International Student Survey, 60 per cent of prospective international students were influenced by housing choices when deciding where to study abroad. Read more here from ICEF Monitor.
- Tourism Research Australia’s State of the Industry report for 2018–19 has been released. In 2018–19, tourism contributed $60.8 billion to national GDP and provided jobs for more than 5 per cent of the national workforce. Tourism also brought $39.1 billion in exports and is currently the fourth largest exporting industry.
- ICEF Monitor has published an article titled Looking ahead: Scenario planning and recovery forecasts for international education. The article explains there are a number of scenarios operating at the moment, all of which are underpinned by the strong continuing demand for study abroad.
- ICEF Monitor has published new survey data measures showing student intent for study abroad. Findings from recent student surveys reflect the growing impact of the pandemic on student intent through February and March, with a growing proportion of students planning to delay program starts.
- QS Enrolment Solutions has released the 2020 World University Rankings by Subject. Curtin University - ranked 2nd in Engineering, Mineral and Mining (2nd in 2019); ranked 40th in Earth and Marine Sciences (35th in 2019) | UWA - ranked 30th in Engineering, Civil and Structural (33rd in 2019); ranked 3rd in Engineering, Mineral and Mining (4th in 2019); ranked 45th in Agriculture and Forestry (42nd in 2019); ranked 23rd in Anatomy and Physiology (22nd in 2019); ranked 29th in Earth and Marine Sciences (37th in 2019); ranked 20th in Sports-related subjects (24th in 2019).
- A new study by Intead and Unibuddy has revealed that prospective students increasingly find student ambassadors to be an influential resource in their decision-making about study abroad. Read more from ICEF Monitor.
- Applications are now open for the 2020 WA Training Awards. Winners will be recognised across 14 categories - nine individual and five organisational. Awards of interest to the sector include the WA International Student of the Year Award (which StudyPerth is sponsoring) and the International Training Provider of the Year Award. Applications close on 1 May.