EXPLORER PASS PROMO CODE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter is Perth Education City Inc, trading as StudyPerth of Level 5, 28 The Esplanade, Perth WA 6000, ABN 76842611690. In these Terms and Conditions, unless stated otherwise a reference to the Promoter includes its officers, employees, agents and contractors (Promoter).
- The Promoter is running the Explorer Pass AUD $100 Travel Campaign (Promotion).
- You can enter the Promotion by submitting a validly completed and verified entry form during the Promotional Period, and where approved, completing all necessary actions to activate an Explorer Pass promo code (an Entry). To submit an Entry, you must:
- supply your name, valid email address and Australian mobile phone number to the Promoter via the website; and
- receive your Explorer Pass promo code by SMS from the Promoter (if successful) and follow the instructions detailed in the SMS to activate the Explorer Pass promo code as outlined in section 9 below).
You must only submit your own email address and Australian mobile phone number.
If you submit a false or non-working email address or Australian mobile phone number, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the Entry and/or any Explorer Pass promo code issued.
- By submitting an Entry, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions). If you (as a homestay family provider) submit an International Student’s name, email address or Australian mobile phone number on their behalf, you warrant to the Promoter that you have obtained the International Student’s express consent to provide their personal information and enter them in the Promotion, and that the International Student has accepted to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open only to:
- International Students currently residing in the State of Western Australia, aged 18 years or over at the time of Entry and during the Promotional Period; and
- Legal guardian (e.g. adult member of a homestay family or other person legally responsible) for an International Student who is under age 18 and resides in Western Australia at the time of Entry. (Note that International Students currently residing in the State of Western Australia who are not 18 years at the time of Entry can apply through their legal guardian.)
together, the Eligibility Criteria.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the Entry and/or any Explorer Pass promo code issued if you do not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- Permanent full time and part time employees of the Promoter and the Promoter's contractors and agents, including those associated with this Promotion, are not eligible to enter.
- Round 1 entries open at midday WST on Thursday 18 March 2021 and closes at 4pm WST Wednesday 31 March 2021 (Promotional Period Round One).
- The Promoter will inform you by SMS whether your Entry has been successful to receive an Explorer Pass promo code.
If you are successful in Round One, you will receive confirmation that your form has been submitted correctly and an Explorer Pass promo code will be issued on Thursday 1 April 2021 via SMS. Round One Explorer Pass promo codes must be redeemed (i.e. used to book the Tourism Product(s) with the Western Australian Visitor Centre) by 4pm WST on Thursday 15 April 2021 (Booking Period Round One) - extended to 4pm WST on Friday 30 April 2021.
Round Two registrations (Promotional Period Round Two) run from Wednesday 19 May until 4pm WST Friday 4 June 2021. If you are successful in Round Two, you will receive an Explorer Pass promo code from Thursday 20 May 2021 via SMS. Round Two Explorer Pass promo codes must be redeemed (i.e. used to book the Tourism Product(s) with the Western Australian Visitor Centre) by 4pm WST on Friday 16 July 2021 (Booking Period Round Two).
All Tourism Product(s) booked using an Explorer Pass promo code during Booking Period Round One or Booking Period Round Two (Booking Periods) must be used and/or undertaken by 31 August 2021.
- The SMS received from the Promoter will include details and instructions on how you can redeem the Explorer Pass promo code at the Western Australian Visitor Centre. If successful, you are required to follow the instructions detailed in the SMS and present the Explorer Pass promo code in accordance with instructions, in person, online (via Bookeasy) or via telephone at the time of booking the Tourism Product(s) at the Western Australian Visitor Centre.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Western Australian Visitor Centre will be responsible for any loss of opportunity or become liable to provide any replacement value for an Explorer Pass promo code, if you fail to complete the instructions required to download the Explorer Pass promo code.
- A total of 2,000 Explorer Pass promo codes are available to be issued and redeemed. 1,000 Explorer Pass promo codes will be issued in round one. Any Explorer Pass promo codes that have not been redeemed at the end of Booking Period Round 1, will be available with the additional 1,000 Explorer Pass promo codes to be issued and redeemed in round two. The method for determining the successful entrants (or successful waitlist entrants) will be in the order of:
- receipt of a completed Entry, being the time the online entry is received by the Promoter's database; and
- acceptance of the Explorer Pass promo code by completing the steps to claim the promo code as set out in the SMS.
Your failure to complete the steps to claim the Explorer Pass promo code may result in the unavailability of an Explorer Pass promo code, where all Explorer Pass promo codes have been issued.
- If successful, you will receive a maximum of one Explorer Pass promo code to the value of AUD $100 redeemable on a Western Australian Tourism Product(s) booking, to be made through the Western Australian Visitor Centre in person, online or by telephone during the applicable Booking Period. Only one Explorer Pass promo code may be redeemed per booking.
- You agree that an Explorer Pass promo code:
- must be redeemed and booked on one or more Tourism Product(s), located within the state of Western Australia, valued at a minimum of AUD $100, within the applicable Booking Period, with the Tourism Product(s) to be used and undertaken between 01 April 2021 to 31 August 2021 (Travel Period);
- cannot be redeemed directly with the Tourism Product(s) provider and can only be redeemed at the Western Australian Visitor Centre either in person, by phone or online;
- cannot be redeemed in conjunction with another Explorer Pass promo code;
- cannot be redeemed on vehicle and marine equipment hire (unless there is a guided element or destination-based commentary); point-to-point transport providers (unless there is a guided element or it is packaged with an experience or tour); farmers markets, markets, retail precincts, charter services (air, coach, ferry, marine charter, small charter vehicle ((unless there is a guided element), car, van charter, motor home hire and short terms leisure equipment hire (unless there is a guided element)), accommodation (hotels, holiday parks, station stays, caravan parks or holiday homes), events, festivals, restaurants, cafes, food outlets, national park entry fees or food and beverage products (unless it includes guided commentary or part of a group experience);
- is exclusive of any additional costs and liabilities incurred beyond the value of the Explorer Pass promo code (used in accordance with the conditions of use) or incurred after the Explorer Pass promo code has been redeemed;
- must result in the use of the value of the Explorer Pass promo code in a single transaction when redeeming the Explorer Pass promo code. No 'change' or 'credit' will remain for use at a later date or on a subsequent booking;
- is personal, non-refundable and not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash;
- may be subject to terms and conditions of the third party providers, including where you are required to agree to those terms and conditions at the time of redeeming the Explorer Pass promo code;
- may require you to provide proof of student identity if requested by the Promoter, Western Australian Visitor Centre or the Tourism Product(s) provider;
- cannot be used to pay any cancellation or fees incurred for cancelling or changing any booking; and
- is subject to the availability of individual Tourism Product(s) and the associated Maximum Booking Cap.
- If the Tourism Product(s) provider cancels your booking and no suitable alternative date is available or can be agreed, you may request that the value of the Explorer Pass promo code applied to that Tourism Product(s), be revalidated by the Western Australian Visitor Centre and applied to an alternative Tourism Product. It is in the sole discretion of the Western Australian Visitor Centre whether it will revalidate the value of the Explorer Pass promo code.
- If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, act unlawfully, tamper or attempt to tamper with the Promotion, jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion, or act improperly or unethically (each in the Promoter's sole opinion), the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify you and any Explorer Pass promo code issued to you will be forfeited.
- You acknowledge and agree that any of the Promoter's decisions in respect of the Promotion are final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. You shall not have, bring or assert any legal or equitable right under or in connection with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, including anything done, attempted, not done or not attempted by the Promoter under or in connection therewith. In that regard, neither the Promotion, nor these Terms and Conditions, nor anything done, attempted, not done or not attempted by the Promoter under or in connection therewith shall be justiciable.
- The Promoter may suspend, vary or cancel the Promotion at any time, subject to obtaining the prior written approval of the Western Australian Gaming and Wagering Commission where required.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- the time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter's database. The Promoter accepts no liability, in negligence or howsoever, for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason;
- any costs associated with accessing the Promotional website or downloading the entry application are your responsibility and may depend on your usage plan;
- you will not submit an Entry which includes any computer virus or other harmful computer software; and
- you will not tamper with the entry mechanism, use scripting or an application code to submit multiple entries or manipulate the participation process or the entry mechanism adopted by the Promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- If the Promotion involves you submitting your name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), by submitting an Entry you agree the Promoter may use any of these for any purpose in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration.
- If the Promotion involves you submitting anything in writing, you assigns to the Promoter the Intellectual Property Rights in the work and warrant to the Promoter that it is your original work. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any Claim that your Entry infringes a third party's Intellectual Property Rights.
- The Promoter may approach you to participate in editorial activities relating to the Promotion including, but not limited to, interviews, photographs, films or other recordings of the same for publication in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome) or promoting any Tourism Product(s) associated with the Promotion.
- By submitting an Entry, you agree and give your express consent to the Promoter collecting your Personal Information in order to conduct the Promotion and may disclose such information to its suppliers involved in conducting this Promotion including, but not limited to:
- Oracle Eloqua (operated in New South Wales, Australia) to enable you to be assigned and receive an Explorer Pass promo code;
- The participating Western Australian Visitor Centre for the purpose of facilitating the redemption of the Explorer Pass promo code; and
- Passcreator (based in Germany) to issue the Explorer Pass to you.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law all implied terms and conditions are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law, you release the Promoter from any and all liability (in negligence or howsoever) for costs, damages, expenses, and losses which you may suffer or incur as a result of the Promoter's action or inaction arising out of or in connection with the Promotion.
- Without limiting clause 28, in no circumstances is the Promoter liable (in negligence or howsoever) for any indirect or consequential losses, including but not limited to loss of opportunity (including business opportunity), savings, revenue or profit.
- Without limiting clauses 28 and 29, the Promoter is not liable (in negligence or howsoever) for the acts or omissions of third parties (including any parties for whom the Promoter is or may be vicariously liable).
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires-
Bookeasy means the online booking platform utilised by the Western Australian Visitor Centre to book Tourism Product(s).
Claim means, in relation to a person, any action, allegation, claim, demand, judgment, Liability, proceeding, remedy, right of action or right of set-off made against the person concerned however it arises whether: (a) it is present, unascertained, immediate, future or contingent; (b) it is based in contract, tort, statute or otherwise; or (c) it involves a third party or a party to these and Conditions
International Student means currently enrolled as a non-domestic student in a course at CRICOS registered international education and training provider in Western Australia including:
- TAFE International Western Australia
- English language colleges
- Vocational education and training providers
- Legal guardian and Homestay families for under 18’s
- Primary and secondary schools
Maximum Booking Cap means the maximum allocation of bookings available at each Tourism Product(s) provider for bookings using a Explorer Pass promo code as part of the Promotion.
Oracle Eloqua means the cloud-based email distribution platform used by the Promoter to distribute emails to remind you to redeem Explorer Pass promo code.
Passcreator means the cloud-based platform used by the Promoter to issue Explorer Pass promo codes to successful entrants via SMS.
Tourism Product(s) means a bookable product that is either a Tour or Tourism Experience as defined in these Terms and Conditions.
Tour refers to any bookable product, organised excursion with a guide and or commentary bookable at the Western Australian Visitor Centre. These may vary in duration from less than a day, a day or extended touring that may include; walking, bike, Segway, adventure or outdoor tours, coach tours, 4WD tours, aerial tours or aerial activities, marine, cruises, sailing, water, scuba diving or snorkelling tours, marine wildlife interactions and food or beverage tours.
Tourism Experience means a fixed place of interest, offering a distinct visitor experience to the leisure tourist. For the purpose of the Explorer Pass promo code, tourism experiences are considered to be cultural experiences, specialised tourism food or beverage experiences, observatories, planetariums, zoos, sanctuaries, aquariums, amusement and theme parks, wildlife and animal parks available bookable via the Western Australian Visitor Centre.
Western Australian Visitor Centre means the participating information centre offering tourism information and Tourism Products listing and booking the tour and tourism experience with the tourism product on behalf the entrant. The Western Australian Visitor Centre is located at 55 William Street, Perth WA 6000 (near Central Park) and can be contacted on freecall 1800 812 808 or email@example.com.
Explorer Pass promo code means the code issued by Oracle Eloqua to a successful entrant by SMS from the Promoter with a value of $100.00AUD to be redeemed by the successful entrant at the Western Australian Visitor Centre.