Fast facts about studying in Western Australia
- Western Australia stands out as a desirable place to work, with wages consistently above the national average.
- An increasingly multicultural community, Perth has been ranked among the top cities in the world for best student mix.
- Perth has a prosperous start-up scene with over 500 start-ups active in Perth. Canva and iiNet are well-known innovators which were established in Perth.
- Western Australia is home to top-rated education institutions with more than 125 high-quality education providers, including schools, colleges, pathway providers, English language institutions and universities – with our five universities ranked in the top 40 worldwide in many subjects.
- Universities offer accredited entrepreneurship programs called Launchpad, to help students continue to innovate.
- Studying in Perth can provide opportunities to students for longer-term career options and migration potential.
- Perth’s status as a regional city offers an opportunity for skilled migrants to earn additional points under the Skilled Migration Points Test and enhanced post-study work rights.
- Australian educated students are globally employable with courses recognised across the globe.
We look forward to welcoming international students from 5 February 2022!
Find out how you can prepare to travel and study in Western Australia.