1. Take a walk along the coast
Make the most of Perth’s mild winters, sunny skies and stunning coastline and head to West Coast Drive! As the name suggests, the road runs down the north west coast line of Perth, overlooking the beautiful Indian Ocean. During winter it is common to spot whales off the Perth coastline, so make sure you keep an eye out!
2. Head to Perth’s Swan Valley
Perth Swan Valley has something for everyone, weather you are cheese and chocolate enthusiast a wine connoisseur or both. Have your camera ready and don’t forget your wellies and cute jacket as they are all a must.
There is nothing we love more than a fireplace! And when you live in a city that is not freezing cold this gives you the option of enjoying the crackling of a fire inside or out! Some of our personal favs that have super cheap and tasty meals are:
- Alfred’s Burgers – where fire and great burgers come together
- The Brisbane – where you can simply chill out with a glass of mulled wine or order some of their famous homemade sausage rolls
- Rodney’s Bait And Tackle – grab a drink and a bite to eat from their boat shaped bar, grab a seat on the coach in front of the fire place and settle in for the night. Just when you though it couldn’t get any better, they have alive jazz band playing every weekend.
For a full list of our cheap eats in Perth, click here.
4. Hot drinks
Who doesn’t love a hot drink, whether it is coffee, chai, hot chocolate, tea, hot cider or mulled wine we have it all in Perth. Perth is very much in love with the café culture so it won’t be hard to find something near you.
5. Ice skating
In the last two weeks there have been outdoor ice skating rinks popping up in Perth left right and centre, each one giving you the chance to test your ice skating skills in front of a different backdrop. The biggest and probably the most well known ones are:
- Elizabeth Quay