Are you an international student dreaming of building a successful career in Western Australia (WA)? Look no further than StudyPerth's Careers Connect services, which have been expanding the employability of our international students since their launch in February 2023. Designed to unlock your full potential and empower international students and recent graduates with the skills and connections needed to thrive in the local job market, Careers Connect is your pathway to internships (not sure if scholarships are exactly correct) and jobs in this idyllic part of Australia.
Supporting Your Career Journey
At StudyPerth we understand the challenges you, as an international student, face when pursuing your career goals. To address these challenges and provide comprehensive support, we have brought together a range of resources and services under Careers Connect. Our goal is to enhance your employability and help you gain meaningful employment, be it in your dream job or a casual job while you study.
Partnerships that Make a Difference
One of the cornerstones of Careers Connect is our strategic partnerships with leading businesses and organisations in WA. These partnerships enable us to offer you a wide range of benefits, including:
- Career Coaching Sessions: These one-on-one sessions are designed to provide you with quick and personalised career guidance, helping you identify your strengths and opportunities for growth.
- Networking Events: Building a professional network is crucial for your career. Our networking events provide you with opportunities to connect with potential employers, mentors, and peers who can help you along your career journey.
- Professional Development Opportunities: We offer workshops, seminars, and training programs to equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in your chosen field.
Connecting You with Employers
Through our partnership with SEEK, a prominent online employment marketplace, StudyPerth has created JobFinder WA. This platform has witnessed remarkable success, with over 65 WA businesses committing to offer internships and job opportunities to international students and graduates. In the last six months alone, more than 390 job advertisements featuring the #studyperth hashtag have been posted, resulting in over 13,000 job applications. Visit our JobFinder WA or our Careers Centre to see the latest jobs.
At StudyPerth we work together with the various universities, colleges, schools and TAFE’s who are our members to maximise your career opportunities whilst ensuring your seamless integration into the WA community. These initiatives facilitate interaction between employers, members and students, creating a vibrant atmosphere of opportunity and connection. Examples of past collaborations include Curtin Cafe Connect and the International Community Event. Check our Careers page for details.
Career Events and Activities
We believe in the power of continuous learning and growth. That's why we organise career events, workshops and activities per month for students and employers. From intercultural-competency webinars and industry panel discussions to skill-building workshops, these initiatives are designed to enrich your knowledge and experiences. Visit our events page
Real-World Experience with Forage
To bridge the gap between theory and practice, StudyPerth provides free access to Forage, an online platform offering virtual work experience programs. These programs give you the opportunity to gain practical skills and experiences that will make you a standout candidate in the competitive job market. Access Forage through Virtual Work Experience | StudyPerth
Inspiring Success Stories
Success stories (Join our Alumni Community | StudyPerth) inspire us all, and we're proud to showcase the incredible journeys and achievements of some of WA's most outstanding international graduates. These stories serve as a testament to what's possible when you combine determination, education, and opportunity.
Western Australia’s strong economy is leading the nation
Understanding the economic landscape of WA is crucial when looking to secure internships, scholarships, and jobs in the region. WA is known for its robust economy, driven primarily by the mining and resources sector. However, it's essential to note that the state's economy is diverse, with strengths in sectors like agriculture, tourism, and technology.
Below are facts from the most recent government statistics*, revised May 2023:-
- The WA economy is expected to grow by 4.25 per cent in 2022-23, which would be the highest rate of growth in nine years.
- The state has a strong focus on infrastructure development, the building of new and expanded hospitals, more schools, renewable energy and decarbonising the WA electricity grid, innovation, and making it an attractive destination for international students seeking employment opportunities.
- The strong WA economy is creating opportunities, with a record 1.53 million Western Australians in work, including the highest ever level of full-time employment, with an additional 218,621 jobs created since 2017.
- Unemployment rate remains very low at 3.4 per cent, and expected to remain low.
- Strong growth is supported by robust merchandise exports growth, at a record $272 billion over the year to March 2023. WA continues to outperform the rest of the nation, accounting for 45 per cent of national goods exports.
StudyPerth's Careers Connect services are your gateway to a thriving career in Western Australia. With a comprehensive range of resources, partnerships, and support programs, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals. Whether you're looking for internships, scholarships, career opportunities, or a casual job check out StudyPerth Careers Connect.