StudyPerth Airport Welcome Desk Volunteer Registrations!
For international students coming to study in Perth their international experience begins at Perth Airport and you can play a vital role in welcoming those students by becoming an Airport Greeter and ensure their first impression of Perth is a positive one.
The StudyPerth Airport Welcome Desk will be open for the Semester Two intake from Monday 17 June till Monday 29 July 2019.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Friendly and positive with an outgoing personality
- Ability to communicate in English with a wide diversity of individuals – additional languages are highly desirable
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Reliable – with a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week during peak student intake period
- Dedication – commit to at least 3 months of the program after training
- Opportunity to learn life skills and be part of an exciting initiative greeting new students to the city
- Opportunity to obtain volunteer experience to boost your CV and job prospects
- Free airport parking
- Meal voucher while on shift
- Certificate of Appreciation and complimentary thank you event
- Private transport for late night shifts
- Airport volunteers t-shirt
- Attend an orientation/training session
- Volunteer at least 4 hours a week during peak student intake period
- Volunteer for at least 3 months after training
- Be flexible and reliable
- Be well groomed
- Airport volunteer t-shirt, provided by StudyPerth
- Long black pants (no shorts)
- Black closed in shoes (no open toed or open backed shoes)
Volunteers are required to attend a 1-hour Airport Greeter Workshop which will be held at the BGC Centre on St Georges Terrace, Perth. Training sessions will be held between 10:30am – 11:30am or 12:30pm – 1:30pm on Tuesday the 4th of June and Thursday the 6th of June. Students can select a training session via the online registration form below. Please note, previous Airport Greeters are not required to attend the training sessions but are still welcome.
To register your details to be an Airport Greeter Volunteer, complete this form (using Google Docs Form).
We have been overwhelmed with the number of people registering to be a volunteer in the past, so positions are available on a first-in-best-dressed basis! If we fill our capacity for volunteers, we will create a waitlist.Back to article search