Jobs for international students in Perth, Western Australia: your guide to working while you study in Australia.

Australia’s Taxation System

You should obtain a Tax File Number (TFN) if you are going to work part-time. You may also need a TFN to open a bank account. To apply, complete a form available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) website or an Australia Post office.

You will also need to lodge an income tax return, either through a registered tax agent or by completing it yourself. If you complete your own income tax return, ATO’s e-tax is the fastest way to obtain a refund. In most cases this will be within 14 days.